Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Hunt Powers


Hunt Powers was born Jack Betts on April 11, 1929 in Jersey City, New Jersey. Jack became a member of the Actors Studio, and started his career as a leading man in spaghetti westerns, before taking a career in supporting roles in American films. As Hunt Powers he appeared in eleven Euro-westerns from “Sugar Colt” in 1966 to “Court Martial” in 1973.
 
Returning to the United State Jack continued his stage in films, television and theater. Among his numerous television appearances were four roles on the CBS drama series ‘Perry Mason’. You can see Jack in an occasional film role “Spider Man” but mainly he’s devoted his career nowadays to the theater. Explaining the longevity of his career, Passion and ambition. I remember when I was 10 years old, my mother took me to see Wuthering Heights (1939), and I saw Laurence Olivier on the screen. And I said to myself, "I will never do anything else in my life but that. I want to be an actor." That film changed my life as well. Jack’s favorite expression is ONWARD!
 
Today we celebrate Jack ‘Hunt Powers’ Betts’ 85th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment